Sunday, September 24, 2006

Household Cleaning Tips: Cleaning a Glass Top Stove

CLEANING GLASS TOP STOVES
Cammie from KS writes:
"I use 'Cook Top' brand Cleaning Creme for Smooth
Top Ranges, and on the back of the bottle, it says
that it is manufactured in the USA for Maytag
Customer Service. I am sure that my husband got
it at Sears.
We have made some messes on our stove, and it
takes it right off. If you keep cooking over
the mess, I don't know how well anything would work!"

Marilyn in Florida suggests:
"I know that most people know about the virtues of
baking soda, but I would like to put my two cents in!
I have spent countless hours trying to scrub my
ceramic cook top to get all the burnt on foods off.
I've used the commercial cleaner that came with my
stove, SOS pads and even the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.
I finally poured baking soda on the food, dampened
it with water to make a paste, and let it sit for
15 minutes or so. The burnt food came off in one
wipe! I am now a true believer in the power of baking
soda! I've saved money, time and my elbows."

No comments: